Saturday, August 25, 2012

Checking In 2012

A quick update. If you followed my 90 Day blog you may recall that one of my goals was to learn to take better care of my hair. The before photo was taken in Oct. '09 and the after shots a few days ago. My hair has been free of chemical straighteners since July '11. John and I are still going strong after 4.5 years. We hit a rocky patch more than a year ago but resolved our issues and worked through them successfully. He's definitely a keeper considering he's the only man I've ever taken to Virginia to meet extended family. John again was kind enough to host my birthday bash at his home. The party was a blast with great weather, wonderful friends, good food and delicious coconut cake courtesy of YUM bakery. I celebrated my 21st anniversary at the college in July! I have a new boss and for the first time in my life I'm working for someone younger than myself, boy do I feel old. My sisters traveled to Minnesota for Girls' +2 weekend at John's cabin up north and a good time was had by all. Speaking of travels, I've done a lot of it this year. Virginia in April for my grandpa's 93rd birthday, Memorial day weekend in Austin, TX with my sister, Tracy. Trips to Wyoming in June and July. Several trips up north to the lake. Sad news to report from John's family. His former sister-in-law passed away unexpectedly 2 weeks ago and his uncle is in his final days. Although Joelle was no longer married to his brother she was a beloved member of the family and her unexpected passing at only 56 is a huge loss. I will check in periodically and thanks so much for continuing to look in on my blog. Maybe I'll find time to pull some pictures together for 2012 slideshow.

No comments:

Post a Comment